Imagine a family transforming their lives
from survival to self-sufficiency!
We help Kenyans transform their minds, their current situations and their future opportunities. Teaching economic stability strategies, Kenyan family members see in advance which choices bring them closer to their goals of self-sustainability. Here’s our current projects.
- ➤ Buy seeds, grow seedlings and planting labor for pumpkin crop ($270)
- ➤ Inseminate a dairy cow ($105)
- ➤ Pay for primary school tuition ($43/mo)
- ➤ Pay for secondary school tuition ($85/mo)
- ➤ Keep a family insured for a year ($60/year)
- ➤ Pay for a family’s monthly internet (access at internet cafés is expensive) $50/mo
- ➤ Switch a pastor to a monthly, limitless cell phone plan, rather than “pre-paid” ($50)
- ➤ Buy mattresses and bedframes for families sleeping on the ground ($235 for both)
- ➤ Purchase additional chickens for egg sales ($12 each)
- ➤ Buy interior doors to install at hospital ($28 each)
- ➤ Pay for a Kenyan Pastor’s travel visa ($225 for fee plus travel to Nairobi for appt.)
- ➤ Pay the monthly mortgage on the homestead ($475/mo.)
- ➤ Prepare a nurse to attend the NCLEX-RN exam in London, travel and test ($1,500) so she can come to the U.S. to work several years at a hospital and build significant savings for family
- ➤ Upgrade a kitchen to increase sanitation and health ($925; including hot water, filtered water, gas stove and refrigerator)
- ➤ Pay the mortgage on 7-acre farmland for planting crops ($238/month)
- ➤ Finalize indoor plumbing and electricity within hospital building ($1,500)
- ➤ Pay for a young adult to attend university ($1,600 per semester, with room and board)
- ➤ Create a solar-powered internet café and charging station in Kitale that will double as a computer training center for area families and students ($8,000)
- ➤ Buy a vehicle suitable for 9+ passengers so the whole family can travel together ($12,000)
- ➤ Dig a well and install a water tower with tank for the hospital ($30,000)
- ➤ Create endowment fund for additional students’ tuitions to avoid breaks in education ($100,000)
- ➤ Finish, staff and open the Bungoma community hospital ($380,000)
Give a MEANING-FULL Gift for Kenyans or you!
Buy "gifts" directly for our Kenyan families - like a goat, school supplies, a toilet, a mattress, solar panels, water filters, ballet lessons, swim classes - even school tuition. Buy copies of the Swahili version of "Giving Thanks" or "Lessons in Truth" for us to distribute in Kenya and pay our translators. Or grab a copy of George's book, "Forward Ever, Backward Never" for yourself.
Your "Trash" Is a Kenyan Family's TREASURE
Got used smartphone, tablet and chargers, gently used shoes, suits, ties, dresses, blouses, skirts, and unopened lotion, soap, shampoo, vitamins, supplements, sheets and pillowcases, educational, DIY or children's books? Our Kenyan families can put them to great use!